MASKING IS MANDATORY for all visitors, staff, and volunteers (aged 2 years+)
- The extreme contagiousness of the omicron variant means that we are all at greater risk than ever of catching Covid-19; we have a small team, we’re already understaffed, and there is no “B Team” to care for our animals in the event that we all get sick. If you won’t mask up for us, mask up for them.
- Your mask must be worn correctly – covering both nose and mouth – for the entire duration of your visit. If you cannot or will not do so you will be asked to leave. In light of the reduced effectiveness of cloth masks against omicron, we recommend that visitors wear N95, KN95, or KF94 masks instead.
- Masking is required regardless of vaccine status.
For ADOPTERS and VISITORS
- Please only visit if you are ready to adopt. Our facility is small, but we want to avoid going back to requiring appointments if at all possible. Reducing casual visits helps us do that.
- We are currently not requiring appointments, so you can stop by anytime during business hours. This may change, depending on the severity of Covid spread in the community; if it does, we will update this page to reflect the change.
- You do not have to choose a pet to meet before your visit – guests will be allowed to walk through the kennel and cattery. We ask that you remain aware of the people around you and do your best to keep distance between your party and others.
- You will not be required to submit an adoption application prior to your visit. However, if you choose to do so it will make your visit more efficient, so please feel free!
- If we are unusually busy, we may have to restrict the number of people inside the Adoption Center to avoid overcrowding. You may be asked to wait in your car until another party leaves.
- Contactless drop-off will still be available for anyone who prefers it, but you will also be able to come in the front door during business hours.
- Contact Shelby to find out when and how to help out safely! All volunteers must complete a Volunteer Orientation before getting started.
- Volunteer activities off-site are still on hold.
- We are not accepting community service volunteers at this time.