DATES EXTENDED!!! The Adoption Drive will now run through Wednesday, December 23!
Every pet, every adoption is sponsored in full by Quantrell Subaru, December 4-19, 2021. That means no adoption fees for you! Appointments are not required this year – but there are still a few guidelines in place for the sake of everyone’s health, safety, and sanity. So please read this page thoroughly before you visit.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
- Masking is required – no exceptions (yes, even vaccinated people and kids over 2 years old). If you cannot or will not wear a mask properly, covering both mouth and nose, you will be asked to leave.
- Our Adoption Center is small! Please be aware of your surroundings and avoid crowding with other parties as much as physically possible.
- We may have to ask that some parties wait outside if we exceed the safe capacity of our indoor space. We’ll do our best to keep parties spaced out, and we ask that you do the same.
- Children under 18 years of age must be supervised closely by an adult at all times. They are not allowed in our facility unattended and cannot be in control of or alone with any pet at any point in time.
- All animals must remain leashed/confined and fully controlled at all times. This includes owned animals, if you bring your dog for an introduction.
- We cannot put pets on hold for any reason during the Drive. Animals tend to come and go very quickly during this event; we cannot guarantee that an animal that is available at one point in time will still be available even minutes later.
DURING YOUR VISIT:
- If you have questions or need assistance during your visit, look for individuals wearing STAFF shirts or yellow VOLUNTEER shirts
- Greeters will instruct you on how to safely view the animals in our care. If you disregard instructions and enter restricted areas you will be asked to leave.
- We hope to be busy, and that means there may be long waits. Thanks in advance for your patience.
- Like everyone else, we are currently dramatically understaffed. We have a very small team working very hard to do a very big job. Abusive behavior toward staff and volunteers will not be tolerated. Be nice.
IF YOU DECIDE TO ADOPT:
- An approved adoption application is required, as always!
- Adoption applications will be processed in the order in which they are physically received at the Adoption Center. (Emailing an application in advance does not allow you to skip the line, for example)
- If the pet you’re interested in has an APPLICATION PENDING tag on its enclosure, inquire about its status at the front desk.
- Some pets may be adoptable, but have not yet been spayed/neutered. If this is true for the pet you select, you will be required to pick your pet up before noon on the day following their surgery. If you do not pick up your pet during the allotted time frame, your adoption will be nullified and the pet will be put back up for adoption, effective immediately.
- Every adoption includes a 7 day trial period as part of our Foster to Adopt program to allow you to make sure your new pet is the right fit before the adoption is finalized
- If the pet is NOT a good fit, it must be returned to Woodford Humane. Call us at 859.873.5491 to schedule your return.
- Quantrell Subaru will sponsor one adoption per household. If you choose to adopt more than one pet, only one fee will be waived.
- We cannot put pets on hold for any reason during the Drive
Please CALL the Adoption Center at 859.873.5491. We will not be able to keep up with emails/facebook messages during this time. This includes inquiries about the availability of breeds/sizes/specific pets. We will do our best to keep up with phone inquiries, but messages may not be heard until close of business each day.