Yep, it’s back! Because there’s no place like home for the holidays – and forever. Even during a pandemic. Especially during a pandemic.
Every pet, every adoption is sponsored in full by Quantrell Subaru, November 27-December 23, 2020. That means no adoption fees for you! But things will run differently this year, due to health and safety restrictions necessitated by covid. So please read ALL information here carefully and thoroughly BEFORE you call.
APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND TIME IS LIMITED!
We have doubled the length of this year’s Drive, extended our weekend hours, and doubled our appointment capacity, but that still only allows for 8 appointments Tuesday-Sunday (we are closed Mondays). We expect appointments to be in high demand. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
- Appointments are 1 hour long and will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis. You can schedule up to a week in advance.
- Your appointment is a time for you to meet one, specific pet, and one pet only. We are not able to accommodate browsing. You must know what pet you want to adopt before scheduling; check out our adoptable pets and feel free to call with questions. You are not obligated to adopt if the pet turns out not to be a good fit for your home.
- You must be prepared to make a lifetime commitment to your new pet at the time of your appointment, including the substantial financial commitment that caring for an animal entails (approximately $1000/year for basic care according to the ASPCA).
- Appointments are VERY LIMITED. We don’t have time to waste and will likely have many more interested parties than we have appointments available. Please do not make an appointment and then fail to show up. If you change your mind, call us to cancel so someone else can fill that time slot.
- We will not be able to reschedule appointments during the Drive. Please be 100% sure about your availability when you schedule. If you cannot keep your appointment or do not show up, you will not be able to schedule again later in the Drive.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
- Call 859.873.5491 beginning at noon daily. Phone calls ONLY. Appointments will not be scheduled by email, social media, etc.
Monday 12:00 – 4:00 pm
Tuesday-Sunday 12:00 – 6:00 pm
- If you call before noon, you will be asked to call back once appointments are open. Calling/leaving a message before noon does not allow you to jump the line.
- We anticipate high call volume. Please DO NOT leave a voicemail requesting an appointment. If the line is busy or you get to voicemail, please call back and try again.
- YOU MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED ADOPTION APPLICATION WITHIN 24 HOURS OF SCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT. If we do not receive your application on time, your appointment will be cancelled and that time slot will go to someone else.
- If you are meeting a dog and have dog(s) at home, let us know when you schedule! You are encouraged to bring your dog(s) to your appointment for an introduction.
RULES FOR VISITORS:
- Limit ONE (1) visitor per appointment; must be the primary care-giver for the pet in question
- Visitor must be over 18 years of age.
- Visitors MUST wear a mask covering both nose and mouth for the ENTIRE DURATION of their visit (staff will be masked also)
- Temperature will be checked before entry; anyone with a fever over 100F will not be allowed to enter (staff are also temperature checked at the beginning of their shift)
- Immediately upon entry, all visitors must wash and sanitize their hands
- Visitors are expected to join staff in maintaining 6′ distance between individuals at all times and may be reminded to do so
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Please remain in your vehicle and call 859.873.5491 to let us know you’re here
- Appointment times are not flexible; if you arrive early you will have to wait. If you arrive late, additional time will not be added to your appointment.
- Only ONE VISITOR will be allowed inside. We do not recommend that you bring additional family members with you. If you do, they will have to wait IN YOUR VEHICLE for the duration of your appointment. They will not be allowed to wander the grounds. If this cannot be accomplished safely, you will be asked to leave.
- You will be accompanied by an Adoptions Counselor at all times during your visit. Do not go anywhere on the grounds or inside the facility unaccompanied.
- Please be prepared to follow any and all staff instructions during your visit, including reminders of these rules.
YOUR APPOINTMENT/ADOPTION WILL BE CANCELLED IF:
- Your adoption application is not submitted on time
- Your adoption application is declined for any reason*
- You arrive more than 15 minutes late for your appointment
- You refuse to abide by the rules laid out here, including but not limited to masking and social distancing
- You are abusive toward staff
*Your adoption application will be preliminarily approved (or declined) prior to your appointment; we reserve the right to retract that approval during your appointment if it becomes necessary.
- Every adoption includes a 7 day trial period as part of our Foster to Adopt program to allow you to make sure your new pet is the right fit before the adoption is finalized
- If the pet is NOT a good fit, it must be returned to Woodford Humane. Call us at 859.873.5491 to schedule your return.
- Quantrell Subaru will sponsor one adoption per household.
- We cannot put pets on hold for any reason during the Drive, except for a pending appointment.
Please CALL the Adoption Center at 859.873.5491. We will not be able to keep up with emails/facebook messages during this time. This includes inquiries about the availability of breeds/sizes/specific pets. We will do our best to keep up with phone inquiries, but messages may not be heard until close of business each day.