It’s the news we’ve all been waiting for…starting June 11, we’re taking a big pounce back toward “normal!” Here’s what that looks like.
UPDATE TO MASKING POLICY, EFFECTIVE 8.10.21:
- Due to the current spike in covid cases and the delta variant’s extreme contagiousness, even in vaccinated individuals, we are once again requiring that all staff, volunteers, and visitors – regardless of vaccination status – mask up whenever they are indoors. Anyone unwilling or unable to mask correctly – both mouth AND nose covered – will be asked to leave.
- Please continue to be mindful and respectful of each others’ space. Our facility is not roomy, and when we are busy it can be challenging to avoid close contact with others.
For ADOPTERS and VISITORS
- No appointments required or offered to adopt or visit! This means you can stop by anytime during business hours, but it also means the pet you’re interested will not be on hold for you, so feel free to call and check on availability.
- You can browse! You do not have to choose a pet to meet before your visit. Guests will be allowed to walk through the kennel and cattery.
- You will not be required to submit an adoption application prior to your visit. However, if you choose to do so it will make your visit more efficient, so please feel free.
- Casual visitors will be welcome again, we will not be limited to serious adopters.
- Contactless drop-off will still be available for anyone who prefers it, but you will also be able to come in the front door like the good old days.
- Welcome back! If you have already completed a volunteer orientation, you can resume volunteer activities right away. As a reminder, all 14-17 year old volunteers must be accompanied by an adult parent or guardian at all times.
- If you have NOT attended a volunteer orientation, you will need to do so before you can volunteer. Our monthly volunteer orientations will resume on June 22, 6:30-8:00 pm at the Adoption Center. Space is limited; email Shelby to sign up. You are also welcome to re-attend an orientation if you need a refresher after a year away.
- Volunteer activities off-site are still on hold while we phase this program back in.
- We are not accepting community service volunteers at this time.